In the spirit of summer time wine and food pairing, we have a delicious recipe to pair with our recently acclaimed 2013 Rosé of Pinot Noir. This watermelon-tomato salad blends quintessential summer garden flavors into a simple, appetizer-sized offering.
Watermelon-Tomato Salad with Burrata & Basil
Serves: 4 Appetizer-Sized Portions
2 C Watermelon (seedless, cut into 1″ dice)
1½ – 2 C Baby arugula (loosely packed)
1 C Tomato (skinned, seeded & cut into ¼” dice)
¾-1 C Burrata cheese (or fresh mozzarella)
8 sm Basil leaves (ripped into small pieces over salads right before they are served)
To taste High quality extra virgin olive oil
To taste Sea salt & fresh-cracked black pepper
½ ea. Small lime
- Divide watermelon and tomatoes equally between 4 chilled salad plates or soup bowls.
- Divide burrata evenly between the 4 plates.
- Sprinkle the baby arugula evenly over the 4 plates.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper and drizzle exra-virgin olive oil over each plate.
- Squeeze just a couple of drops of lime juice over each plate (too much will cause wine to wash away).
- Rip the basil leaves into small pieces over each plate.
- Serve immediately