An unlikely pairing that is sure to delight your tastebuds!
At Lynmar Estate, organic popcorn has become a guest favorite. Chef Frakes has made this a signature of the house by creating innovative flavors that pair perfectly with our Chardonnay, and yet reflect the seasons. The first of our lunches this year feature Johnny Jump Up flower salt which pairs perfectly with our Russian River Valley Chardonnay.
Making wine friendly popcorn is a three step process that is easy to do and will surely delight your guests.
Step 1: Pop the corn the old fashioned way – in the pot. Make sure it is organic!
|1||C||Rice bran oil (or Non-GMO corn oil)|
|2||C||Organic corn kernels|
- Place oil and kernels in a very large stock pot, shake to evenly distribute, then cook over high heat until the popcorn starts to pop.
- Give pot one more shake, then let the kernels pop away.
- Remove lid after about 2 minutes, so that you can see how far it has come-up the sides.
- Once it is about 3 seconds between ‘pops’, immediately remove from heat and let sit for one minute (to finish popping).
Step 2: Lightly toss with a neutral oil (we use extra virgin olive oil).
|½||C||Extra-virgin olive oil|
|1||T||Kosher salt (or other flavored salt)|
- Toss well to combine, then let sit for 10-15 minutes before covering with a clean, dry towel and storing (this prevents popcorn from ‘steaming’ and becoming chewey).
Step 3: Sprinkle your favorite salt – we give you three options below. Drizzle a little more oil over top before serving.
|1||Lemon (fine zest only, save juice for another use)|
|1/2||Vanilla bean (Scraped of seeds… discard pod or use for steeping in cream)|
Blend in food processor until completely mixed. Store in airtight container.
|1/2||Orange (fine zest only, save juice for another use)|
Blend in food processor until well combined.
Cover flowers in salt for two days before blending (to leech out more color).
Always serve with Lynmar wine. Enjoy.