Posted by Ari T.
We’re thrilled to announce that for the duration of this year, our own in-house chef David Frakes has made a commitment to share with the greater Lynmar family, one of his sought-after recipes per month . That is 12 delicious never-before-shared recipes for 2016, paired specifically for enjoyment with one of our Estate wines!
We’ll start the year with Carpaccio of Whitefish with Daikon Slaw & Cider Ponzu, best enjoyed with a bottle of Quail Hill Vineyard Chardonnay.
Carpaccio of Whitefish with Daikon Slaw & Cider Ponzu
Recipe by Lynmar Estate Chef David Frakes
|1||lb.||Any firm flesh fish (Halibut, Yellowtail, Tuna, etc.)|
- Slice fish against the grain into 4 equal portions.
- Place each piece between two layers of plastic wrap and gently pound to an 1/8th of an inch thickness using a rolling pin or the back of a small pan.
- Place the fish directly onto the center of desired serving plate and reserve.
|1||English cucumber (peeled, seeded & julienned)|
|3”||pc||Daikon (peeled & julienned)|
|2||Stalks of celery (julienned)|
|1||T||Cilantro (coarse chopped)|
- Place the above four ingredients into a small non-reactive bowl and reserve.
|4||T||Apple cider vinegar|
|2||T||Extra virgin olive oil|
- Whisk the above four ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Use half to dress the slaw and the other half to drizzle across the fish.
- Divide slaw evenly among the four plates by placing directly onto the center of the fish.
- Garnish with minced chives if desired.
Not included in the recipe is the crunch element of your choice that you may want to add to the dish depending on your preference. Here, we’re using Sweet Potato chips.